Hey there! Welcome to Postcards from the Ridge!
I’m so happy you’re visiting. Maybe you’re dropping by from pinterest to read about 15 Fresh Ideas for Small Entryways. Or perhaps you came here after doing a search for popular paint colors or a favorite pecan pie recipe. Regardless of why you’re here, welcome!
My name is Angie and I write this blog. I’m passionate about helping you create a home that you love and can feel comfortable and relaxed in. I love sharing decorating ideas and tips for keeping your home clean and organized. And we love to eat and travel, so sometimes I share my favorite places to visit and foods to eat.
When I’m not working on this site, you can find me scouring through thrift stores and estate sales or out on the trails. I love to be outdoors hiking or walking in the beautiful foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains where we live. To learn more about me go here – MY STORY.
About This Site
I started this blog in 2011 as way to share tips for simple home improvement projects and styling. Back then I worked in our family paint and decorating shop and always had people asking me how to do things. I figured if they had questions about the various projects they were working on, then there were probably many more people who had those same questions. Why not be helpful to them as well?
My most popular posts in the early days were my “favorite paint color” posts and my furniture painting and refinishing posts. Since then the blog has expanded to include more styling posts and recipes, as well as some travel ideas and a variety of other helpful tips.
Here are a few of my popular posts. Click on any title to read the article. (Or click on any “topic” to read all articles on that subject. Topics are located at the top of each post, or on the sidebar on desktop or the bottom half of the page on mobile.)
- 15 Fresh Ideas for Small Entryways
- 20+ Ideas for Decorating with Blue & White
- 30+ Favorite Area Rugs
- 11 Stunning Farmhouse Kitchens with Wood Cabinets
See dozens of home decorating ideas here: Home Decorating Ideas.
- 16 Popular Paint Colors from your Favorite Home Bloggers
- 30+ Front Door Colors Plus Tips for Choosing the Right One
- 9 No-Fail Neutrals
- 10 Wonderful White Paint Colors
Get more paint color ideas here: Favorite Paint Colors.
- Affordable DIY Artwork Inspired by Pottery Barn
- The Best Way to Clean Your Glass Cooktop
- How to Make a Sofa Slipcover with a Dropcloth
- How to Paint Paneling Like a Pro
See more DIY projects here: DIY Ideas.
Navigating this site
Most likely you’re on your phone while you’re visiting here so I’ve tried to make the site as mobile friendly as it can be. Desktop and tablet versions are very easy to navigate.
- MENU – The menu can be found at the top of any page. On a mobile device, just click on the stack of lines in the center of the green bar, then the drop down menu will appear. Choose what you want to see from that.
- BACK TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE – at any time you can click the ^ icon located on the bottom right side of the screen and you be taken to the top of the page automatically without having to scroll.
- SEARCH – On the mobile version, you can scroll down just past the comment section of any post (or just below the most recent posts on the home page) and a search box will be shown. On the desktop, there’s a search box at the top of any page.
- TOPICS – At the top of each post directly underneath the title, you’ll see a list of topics included in that post. Click any topic from that list and all of the other posts about that topic will be shown. Also, a list of topics is shown on the sidebar of the desktop version and on the lower part of the page on mobile version. Click to see all the posts about each one you’re interested in.
Our home always has some type of project going on. You can take a quick tour here: Our Home.
Visit my shop for cottage and farmhouse style home decor items. You’ll find everything from throw pillows to toilet paper holders and so much more. To see the newest items, go here: Emory Valley Mercantile Newest Items
If you like what you see, sign up for my newsletter. It’s sent out no more than 2 times per week, and most of the time it’s only once per week. You’ll get notices of new posts, free printables, special events, and more. You can unsubscribe at any time.
To sign up, go here: Newsletter Subcription or enter your email in the signup box below.
Let’s be Social
You can also find me at the following places:
Question, comment, or suggestion? Send me an email at email@example.com
Trolls and negative Nancy’s are not welcome here. Negative or combative comments will be deleted and commenters will be banned. This is a site for positive vibes only. ~ Thank you!