A Few of My Favorite Things
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Yes, these are a few of my favorite things. But I wanted to share my favorite finds for 2022 with you in case you’re looking for some good gift ideas.
I personally own all of these items and can vouch for them. Most are things that make life easier or more comfortable. I’m all about practically these days.
Take a peek at my list and let me know what your favorite finds are from this year. I’m always looking for suggestions. Also, you can find all of my most-loved items, resources, and discount codes here: Resources & Coupons
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I may make a small commission on products purchased with my link, but your price does not change. For full disclosure go here: Disclosure and Policies. Thank you for supporting my site.
- Battery operated can opener. After getting frustrated with several different manual can openers and also dealing with a wrist injury, I ordered this battery operated can opener and absolutely love it. I was skeptical, but there are literally 74,000+ positive reviews for good reason…it’s amazing! Found here: Battery operated can opener
- Tibet Oneida flatware My husband and I have been married for more than 30 years and have accumulated a not-so-attractive collection of silverware. The house we rented when we were in Vermont in October had this flatware and we both really liked it so I ordered some to replace our old ones. It has a hammered finish on the handles and a nice weight to it. He comments regularly how much he loves it. And so do I! Found here: Oneida Tibet Flatware. (Tea towel found here: Ethically Created Tea Towel)
- Roll up dish drying rack One of my friends had this unique dish drying rack at her house and I thought it was a great idea. I ordered one when we got home and am very happy with it. You can easily roll it up and put it away when you don’t need it. Found here: Roll up dish drying rack
- Kitchenaid mixer attachment My family loves au gratin potatoes but peeling and slicing them was hurting my wrists. We ordered this attachment for our Kitchenaid mixer and it does the peeling and slicing for me. It still takes a little time but it does all the work. Highly recommend especially with the holidays coming up. Found here: Mixer attachment that peels, slices, and cores
Splurges for the kitchen
- Emile Henry Pie Plate – I actually bought this at the end of last year but am sharing it today since many people love to bake pies during the holidays. It would be a great gift for your favorite baker! Get the recipe for my favorite pie from the photo here: Salted Caramel Pecan Pie, and more pecan recipes here: 30 Pecan Pie Desserts to try this holiday season
- Gift Wrap Door Rack. I’m working on slowly organizing every nook and cranny of our home and splurged on this gift wrap over door organizer. It keeps all of my ribbons, wraps, bags, tape, cards, and more all in one place. Found here: Over door gift wrap organizer
- Bamboo drawer organizers Another area I organized is our utensil drawer. Once we got the new flatware, it was the perfect time to make the whole drawer look better. Found here: Bamboo Drawer Organizers
- Rolling craft organizer – Two of these basic rolling carts with drawers hold most of my Cricut supplies and more. The drawers are removable and I created some labels with my Cricut Joy. Found here: rolling craft organizer
- Skecher’s slip ins I like having a pair of shoes that are strictly for wearing in the house. And I need them to be comfortable. These slip ins from Skechers are what I’m calling my lazy shoes. I don’t even have to bend over to put them on. My foot slips right in and they really are comfortable and supportive. Found here: Skecher’s slip ins
- Hokas – For walking and trails, these shoes are extremely comfortable. This is actually my second pair and I wear them when I’m running errands too.
- Soma cool nights pjs – If you have hot flashes or just like to be cool at night then I highly recommend these pajamas.
Our bedroom got a refresh last summer (see the plan here: Primary Bedroom Refresh) and I haven’t shared the full reveal but here’s a peek:
- Lands’ End Quilt – This quilt it lightweight and comfy. You can layer it underneath a duvet or heavier quilt if you like lots of layers. As of this writing it’s 60% off!!
- Linen Sheets – Another purchase in the quest for nighttime comfort. I’ve never had linen sheets before, but I’ll never use anything else on our bed after sleeping on them. They take a night or so to get used to because they’re not as smooth as most of us are used to. But I absolutely love them.
- Cane Headboard – Our kitties damaged the upholstered headboard we had in the primary bedroom and I replaced it with this one. I love the texture and lines of it. And it’s on sale at the time of this writing!
- Wool Area Rug – My husband hated the jute rug we had in the bedroom. He wanted something soft to walk on so we got this fluffy wool rug. It’s so soft and comfy. Remember that I said this year’s purchases were mainly about comfort and making life easier?? He loves this rug.
- Blue and white pillow found here: Blue and White Ikat Pillow, Similar throw found here: Navy cable knit throw blanket
Tools and supplies
- Cricut joy – As I stated above, getting the house more organized is a top priority for me. This little machine is so easy to use and creates amazing labels like this one for my lavender water. Makes a great gift for anyone who loves to be organized or create! Similar bottle found here: Amber Spray Bottle, similar tea towel found here: Lavender Tea Towel
Books I Read
Reading is something I thoroughly enjoy when I take the time to do it. These are a few books that I read this year:
Please leave me a comment and let me know what your favorites are!!
Beauty & Health
In recent years I’ve been embracing my natural curls and discovered this product that helps define them:
What are your favorite finds for this year? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you love!
I would love to know exactly what brand of linen sheets you are enjoying. There are many different manufacturers and reviews are all over the place so it is hard to know what to try. Thanks!
Hi Elle. Since I had never tried them before, I bought some from TJ Maxx. I had to wash them a couple of times so they would be softer. I’m planning to upgrade to these soon (hoping for a black Friday sale!) because they have really great reviews: https://fave.co/3tDQln8
Thanks! That is helpful!