A Few of My Favorite Cleaning Essentials
There’s just something magical about having a clean house. Do you feel that way too? When the counters are clean, the dishes are washed and put away, and the house is neat and tidy, it makes me want to dance like nobody is watching. And my family loves a clean house too.
Today I’m sharing a few of my favorite kitchen & household cleaning essentials. I’ve tried many different ones over the years and have narrowed it down through trial and error.
Hopefully you’ll find this helpful in making your home fresh and clean.
Favorite Cleaning Items
We love planet earth and are always trying to do our part to take care of it. This includes eliminating plastics whenever we can. That’s why I adore my glass spray bottles and bamboo handled scrubbers.
The glass bottles can be refilled with your favorite cleaners. And the long handled scrubbers have replaceable heads. Very environmentally friendly.
Items shown, left to right:
- Replaceable Head Walnut Scrubber Brush
- All-Purpose Castile Soap
- Replaceable Head Crystal Clear Glassware Cleaner (no longer available)
- Glass Spray Bottle with Silicone Sleeve
- Cleaning Concentrate
- Small Scrubber Brush
A couple of months ago I ordered these wool laundry dryer balls and Method ginger mango laundry pods. These wool laundry dryer balls are large and work great. I add a few drops of essential oil to them after every few washes. No more single use dryer sheets that are expensive and not at all environmentally friendly.
And I was pleasantly surprised by how much I like the ginger mango laundry pods. For years, decades actually, I’ve used another popular brand and sworn by them. These ginger mango pods smell so good and get our clothes as clean as anything I’ve ever used. Definitely a winner and I’ll be using them from now on.
3. Cleaning Products
I LOVE Mrs. Meyers Clean Day products and have tried a lot of different cleaners and scents, as you can see above. Although they all smell amazing, my favorites so far are rosemary, lemon verbena, and lilac. There are seasonal scents available throughout the year and I always enjoy using them too.
A very special offer!
For a very limited time, you can get a cleaning caddy and 3 piece kitchen set FOR FREE when you sign up as a customer at Grove Collaborative. (If you’re already a customer you get some free walnut scrubbers). Here’s exactly what you’ll get:
- Mrs. Meyer’s hand soap (your choice of scent on all 3)
- Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap
- Mrs. Meyer’s hand lotion
- Grove enamel cleaning caddy
That’s over $30 worth of really good stuff for free!
Here’s how it works:
- CLICK – Click HERE for the limited time offer.
- ENTER – You’ll enter your email address to sign up for a free VIP trial.
- SELECT – The free goodies plus free shipping will be added to your cart plus a variety of recommended items totalling $20. You can choose any $20 worth of items to claim your free set (you’re not stuck with the recommended ones). They always throw in more free items for new customers so you can enjoy those too. For example, on my original order, I paid just over $20 but received more than $40 worth of additional products for free. And they were all items that I use regularly.
- ENJOY – You can choose to get future orders shipped regularly whenever you want. Or honestly you don’t have to get any more orders, but trust me…you’ll want to.
You know how much I love the products. And the caddy is a bonus. It can be used to tote your cleaning items or several other ways.
Use it to store and tote your small gardening tools.
Use it to gather your veggies in.
Or here a even more ways to use it:
- succulent planter
- organize hair tools
- holder for dog toys
- container for painting brushes and supplies
- caddy for craft or artist supplies
They sell out fast so if you want the set, click the image below to claim yours or go HERE.
Let me know if you get a set and which scent you go with!
Angie – I really do like the new look of your blog. I have always enjoyed your site, because your home feels so lived-in and loved, and you alwas seem so genuine. I am looking forward to your new posts, but I see i have some exploring to do as well (need to check out your blogging tips!)
Thank you so much! I still have a few little things to do but it's mostly finished. And thank you for the very kind comments about my site and blog. I try to be genuine and honest in everything I share here. Also, I'm working on more blogging tips so watch for those to be shared in the coming weeks and months. I hope you find them helpful. Let me know if there are any specific areas you need help in and I'll try to write about it! Thanks again, and have a great day! ~ Angie